Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Profile

Profile 7 years, 5 months ago #189

My name is Shannon Marie Lewis. I am employed at Total Community Action Inc.in the Head Start Program. In 1995, was my first introduction to Community Action when I joined this organization as a Family Service Worker Assistant. I came to the Head Start Program because of my love to work with families and the community. I held that position for one year before being promoted to a Family Service Worker. While in the Family Service Worker position I had the opportunity to work with families to develop, maintain and achieved their goals. I also assisted families with allocating services in their community to make their families more self-sufficient. This position also afforded me the opportunity to train two Family Service Worker Assistant s that went on to be promoted to a Family Service Workers. I remained in that position until 2005 when Hurricane Katrina destroyed our city. Two years after Hurricane Katrina, I was asked to return to Total Community Action Inc. Head Start Program. When I returned I was promoted to my current position as the Child Care Partner Liaison and joined the management team.
My current position allows me to work with selected private childcare centers to help them implement head start services in their programs. Due to the devastation of Hurricane Katrina and the high need for childcare, these centers were selected to provide head start services to more children in the Greater New Orleans area. My responsibility is to monitor these centers to become 100 percent head start compliant. These centers have grown from an enrollment of 90 to 185. I also work with their directors to help supervise and train the family service workers at each site.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

This website was created by NASCSP in the performance of the US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Community Services Grant Number 90ET0431 and the Community Action Partnership in the performance of the US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Community Services Grant Number 90ET0428.

Any opinion, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the US DHHS, ACF.