Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tammy Alakszay

Tammy Alakszay 7 years, 5 months ago #141

My name is Tammy Alakszay and I live in Lake County California. I started with North Coast Opportunities in February 2012 as the Community Action Coordinator for Lake County. I was so excited to get this position, because my job is now a lot of things I used to volunteer for. Prior to my current role I worked for the Lake County Office of Education, AmeriCorps Program. I started that position during the first year AmeriCorps was in Lake County. In that roll I was able to help create the program and put systems in place. NCO Community Action for Lake County is new and fresh and my newest challenge.
A leader needs to be able to adapt to any situation and the particular needs of that situation. A leader shows leadership by demonstrating an unbiased, fair and open view to those around. A good leader is someone that helps to solve problems and make the path easier for the next person who faces that challenge or a similar one. Building strong communities takes a person that can inspire a team to accomplish a task, and is willing to put in the work that it takes to get there.
Several people came to mind when I was thinking about a leader to write about, but I finally decided on a previous supervisor. We worked so well together that we didn’t have to speak. We were able to create systems that are still in place today, and not just for that program but many others that adapted it to their program. She showed me that teamwork is the key to a stronger Community, and that just because something does not work the way you anticipated it would, it is not wrong, it’s just a different way to solve the problem. I also learned that “flying by the seat of your pants” is just how you have to do it sometimes. Often we would have to become adaptable and make changes all the way through a project. The project would turn out greater than we ever expected and I received a great learning experience through the process.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

This website was created by NASCSP in the performance of the US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Community Services Grant Number 90ET0431 and the Community Action Partnership in the performance of the US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Community Services Grant Number 90ET0428.

Any opinion, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the US DHHS, ACF.